Parker, located in Douglas County with easy access to the Denver metropolitan area, is known for its unique Western-Victorian downtown and its hometown feel.
- Founding: Parker, Colorado was founded in 1864
- Incorporation: Parker became a municipality in 1981
- Location: Parker is located 20 miles southeast of Denver, Colorado
- Elevation: Parker sits at an elevation of 5,900 feet above sea level
- Size and Population: The Town of Parker is 21.5 square miles with a current population of approximately 50,677 people residing within the incorporated Town boundaries
- School District: Students residing in Parker are within the Douglas County School District RE 1
- Demographics: View Parker Demographics
- Community Profile: View Community Profile
Parks and Recreation
The Parker Parks and Recreation Department was established in 1992 and the Parker Fieldhouse, a 100,000 square foot sports and fitness facility.opened in 1994. Since then, we have been busy keeping up with the expectations of our rapidly growing community. In 2007, the Town opened the doors to the
Despite its brief history, the Parker Parks and Recreation Department has been named as a finalist for the National Recreation and Park Association’s (NRPA) top award five times. In both 2000 and 2011, the Parks and Recreation Department was selected as the Gold Medal Award winner as the nation’s top department for its population size. The Gold Medal Award is given to departments displaying the highest degree of excellence in parks and recreation administration.
The content relating to real estate for sale in this Web site comes in part from the Internet Data eXchange ("IDX") program of METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO® Real estate listings held by brokers other than RE/MAX Professionals are marked with the IDX Logo. This information is being provided for the consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any other purpose. All information subject to change and should be independently verified. Full IDX Disclaimer. DMCA.